Tuesday, August 28, 2007

FLYING WITHOUT WINGS







At last! I finally have ONE (1) LO!!! (yep! u got it right...just 1) But I'm still so happy because after being a member of SE since April 30, 2007, I finally came up with one! I'm pretty excited to post it here, anticipating "criticisms" from scrapbook gurus (negative and/or positive) so I could still hone my techniques...

Anyway, I have learned a lot of things about scrapbooking while doing this LO....

First, this hobby is addictive! (warning!warning!warning!) One must have a lot of self-control to stop thinking about what to put into it, imagining how is it suppossed to look like, what could be done to make it look like this and that.... grabe! Imagine me doing (or should I say "thinking" about this amidst office work! I could be terminated on the spot!). Second and I guess this is still related to #1 having self-control, one must know her priority and stick to it! I felt guilty one time when my daughter wants to play with me but I could not keep my hands-off this project :-( You got to have a separate time just for scrapbooking alone (otherwise since this is addictive, it will take some of your precious time from things that formerly owns that slot!) Third (and another warning!warning!warning!) one must learn to manage her own budget. Just like "time", if budget is not controlled, scrapbooking might take some penny alotted to some other things! Haha! I found myself buying sb materials instead of my usual pasalubong! (nah, actually, nakalimutan ko talaga!) Fourth, amidst all of the above, scrapbooking could take one into a different world-- a world which only requires creativity, no more, no less! It's therapeutic in a sense that it's a nice venue to sublimate... I almost forgot that I'm suppossed to miss my husband who left for abroad just two months ago (he!he!he!)

Journal Reads:

If you only have wings, I knew you would have learn how to fly first before you could even walk… You explore your world with such fleeting gait! Your feet never seemed to touch the ground! You’re always running even for short distances that could “make-do” with just a walk. Just be careful, baby. Promise me you’ll never fall!
Materials: Fancy Pants pps, DCWV, Doodlebugs sequins, Rekindled Moments flower embellishments, Craft Express Rub-ons, Sakura pen

5 comments:

Diane said...

Hello Leyan!

Your LO is beautiful! Grabeh hindi ganyan ang gawa ko nung newbie ako ha! hehehhe!

Maybe you should put a larger title kasi hindi sya mabasa masyado. So far ok naman LO mo. Magnada sya and very sweet! For sure matutuwa anak mo paglaki nya.

TFS!

purplesea said...

hi! you're LO looks great. better than my works i think.. hehehe! e november pa ata ako member sa SE. Keep it up. add kita sa blog ko ha. mine's: www.purplesea-lookingforanswers.blogspot.com
incidentally, i have relatives na Paguio rin from alabang... any chance you're related to them? I have an aunt named nancy. we're not really close but she and mom are cousins.

Ella Go said...

hi leyan... ur LO is nice for a 1st LO.

Galing!

symbelly said...

nice layout. wow.
are you sure this is your 1st layout?
keep it up girl, and enjoy scrapbooking.

Leyan said...

Thanks for visiting my blog ha! Newly created din kasi tong blogspot ko (just like my LO, hehehe) that's why di ko rin alam san magte-thank you for your comments! Dito na lang din siguro!!! (Whoaa! Try ko lang :-) )

Cge, i'll blog-hop muna ha!

TFL!